Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Night Before...

Hey Everyone! I am so excited to be starting this blog and having you join me on this journey. I never thought I would say in a million years that I am training for a Marathon. When I first started running it was just for fun and for 5ks - that was it. I also said I would never run a Half Marathon and I already have 3 of those under my belt; Never Say Never!

Hard to believe 3 years ago today I was pregnant, unhealthy, overweight but, overjoyed to meet my little girl! My life definitely changed for the better after I had my daughter - I realized I was sick and tired of being overweight and lazy, I needed to make changes. I started by changing my eating habits, and I became a Vegetarian - I also cut out junk food, and stuck to drinking only water. I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, it was so hard at first but I finished my 30 days. I started running on the treadmill too, at first I could barely do a minute - but I kept at it. I went on to do my first 5k in October of that year! I have come so far since 2012, and hope to just keep achieving my goals and dreams. (I will link an article to my Huffington Post Interview that goes into better detail about my weight loss and journey for those interested.)

My Huffington Post Interview.

Tomorrow is my first day of actual training and I am beyond excited and nervous for everything I am going to be faced with. Before I finish with this post - I do want to give a big shout out to my friend Joe, honestly if it wasn't for him and his wife telling me that I could do this (way back in September) - I would of never signed up for the Full just the Half Marathon. Also, Joe is helping me through this journey by mentoring me and helping me out on long runs - which I appreciate more then he knows!

Well I know I am excited and I really hope you enjoy reading this blog! :]

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment