Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 3 - Blood, Ice & Honking.

Hey Everyone! Today was a 5 mile day in my training and I was suppose to run the last mile the fastest. This was pretty difficult of a task seeing that every single sidewalk was pretty much a sheet of ice - way more icy then yesterday. I should of made it a treadmill day but, I was determined to get my run done outside and took it slow. Here are my times, not as great as yesterday but, I will take it based on the conditions of the sidewalks.

Mile 1: 10:03
Mile 2: 10:45
Mile 3: 11:29 (I was walking some during this mile - not taking the chance)
Mile 4: 9:50
Mile 5: 9:15

Well I was skeptical I was going to complete my goal of running my last mile the fastest but, thankfully I did! :]

One thing I want to talk about and I am sure it happens to many runners out there but, why do people (mostly guys) feel the need to honk and yell things to you out their window. It's one thing if I know you - and you can just give me a heads up by texting me or sending me a quick message on Facebook or this Blog that "Hey I seen you and that was me in the "so and so" vehicle honking at you." That's cool, no biggie but if I don't know you and you don't know me, its a little creepy to just be honking at some random stranger. Also, if you are yelling at me - 1. I will probably ignore you and 2. I can't hear you with my headphone's in. I know its never going to end, random people just like honking at runners I suppose but, it feels good to get that little rant off my chest!

Finally, I just wanted to share a weird "injury" I received while running today. During mile two my toe started really bugging me, the pain went away so I didn't think much about it. I got home and took my shoe off and half of it was soaked in blood - I was a little nervous to take my sock off and when I did my toes were covered in blood. I have searched and searched and I do not see where the blood came from, no cut - nothing, but my toe is killing me! Odd...

Tomorrow is Cross Training for me, I haven't decided what I am going to do yet and would love any suggestions - just comment below. Thanks for reading! :]


-Jamie

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I don't understand the honking and yelling either. Drives me nuts. Why don't you come to workout tomorrow at 7pm for your cross training?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually considering coming :] I haven't been to a workout in awhile!

    ReplyDelete