Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2 Days In.


Hey Everyone! Day 2 and 6 miles of running done for the day. Today's run was pretty eventful to be honest. Lot's of people didn't seem to bother shoveling their sidewalks, so I got to do some cross training in the process; Ice Skating. I didn't fall and I was super careful but, it was a slick mess.

My training goal for today was not only to do 6 miles but to run my last 2 miles the fastest. I was a little nervous if I could achieve this but, I gave it my best try. Here are the stats from each mile:

Mile 1: 10:05
Mile 2: 10:13
Mile 3: 10:35
Mile 4: 10:38
Mile 5: 8:27
Mile 6: 8:09

I was so excited that I did it!! When I seen I got 8:27 for my 5th mile, I really thought to myself there is a slim to no chance I will do better then that for my 6th mile. I absolutely crushed that 6th mile - I couldn't be happier - it just goes to prove that I have it in me and if I put my mind to it I can accomplish anything.

After my run I stopped and got a recovery drink - I tried the Chocolate Muscle Milk, which I have never had before but, I liked that it was Lactose Free. It really wasn't that bad, normally I drink Chocolate Coconut Water. I would love any suggestions on recovery drinks! Tomorrow is my 5 mile day and I am really looking forward to it! 





Also if you haven't already please go like my new Facebook Page! Thanks for reading! :]

-Jamie


2 comments:

  1. Great work! Keep it up. Looking forward to running Chilly Cheeks with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin! :] I am excited for Chilly Cheeks too!!

    ReplyDelete