Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 6 - #Megsmiles, Sore Legs & Volleyball.

Today was my long run day in the training plan - 10 miles. Thankfully I have my friend Joe who not only agreed to help me with this Marathon but he even offered to run all the long runs with me (which I appreciate so much). Today's run went good, the weather even cooperated - though I wish it was warmer! During mile 8 my legs started getting pretty sore, I kept at it and once our watches hit 10 miles I challenged Joe to sprint with me (I won hahaha). Doing this really proved to me that even though my legs were sore I still have a lot of energy left in me, which will help me a lot during this Marathon.

Me and Joe ran this run for #Megsmiles and I also wore blue on today's run, which was Megs favorite color. I did not know Meg Cross Menzies, but tragically she lost her life last year training for the Boston Marathon by a drunk driver. Today everyone was supposed to get out and run for her and I am  very blessed that I was able to do just that! I loved seeing all the pictures on my Facebook newsfeed of friends who went out an ran for Meg - the running community is so awesome! 

Tonight I have Volleyball for my church league which I am really looking forward to. I am not very good at Volleyball but, I love playing it and I love being around friends!

Tomorrow is my rest day, so I will probably make it my rest day from writing in the blog too! Week two of training starts Monday and I am really looking forward to it - this is a very exciting journey!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Thanks so much for reading!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment