Monday, January 26, 2015

3 Weeks In! Trail Runner Wannabe.

Hey Everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
I had a pretty good weekend, got to spend it with some great friends on a four hour road trip to Reading, PA, where we participated in Chilly Cheeks Trail Run. The spending time with friends part was so much fun, I definitely needed that - the Trail Run on the other hand, not as much! 

The beginning of the run was my best, I took off from the start - felt amazing, great pace then I hit the first snow covered hill climb. That is where it all went downhill - I fell more times then I can count, slid around like I was on ice (didn't help I don't own trail shoes) and smashed my knee off a rock - not once but twice in the same spot. I seriously felt like turning around and giving up! Thankfully my friend Sarah's husband Kevin stayed with me pretty much the entire time - which I appreciated SO much! He pushed me, taught me different techniques on running trail and proved that even though it was hard I could DO it! 

I am really proud of myself for finishing - it was a tough trail run, and the snow really made it a challenge. I am not completely giving up on trail running, I will run another one - I will also have the right shoes next time. I am a roadrunner at heart but, maybe trail running will find a spot there too someday!

Great Friends Before the Run.






Back to my Marathon training, today is Week 3! This week is getting a little bit tougher then last week. Today I ran 5 miles, with my last mile being my fastest. I ran it all on my treadmill, since the whole state of Pennsylvania is pretty much buried under a lot of snow. I am hoping to get out tomorrow to run my 7 since the snow should be done by then. Hopefully people are nice and shovel their sidewalks!

Thanks for reading!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment