Sunday, March 1, 2015

Awful Week!!

It is finally March, training will start to get more intense from here. Hopefully the weather starts to change and we start having Spring like temperatures/weather. I am excited for speed training and longer runs! March has came in like a lion so far - more snow! :[

If you don't know I have been sick with a pretty nasty cold since last weekend - I missed out on a ton of running this week/weekend. I ran my 5 miles Monday - felt okay, ran 8 on Tuesday and it was AWFUL! I was dizzy most of the run, had to take breaks but, pushed myself and finished. That night I had no energy and started getting even more sick. 

I was supposed to run 6 miles on Wednesday but me and Joe decided it would be better to rest that day and hopefully Thursday I would be up for my 3 miler. Thursday came and there was no way I was even going to be able to do my 3 - I felt terrible. I figured all this rest would benefit me and I would be ready for the Spring Thaw 20 miler Saturday. Friday whatever I had moved to my chest and I was out, there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to do 20 miles - I was bummed! 

I have been looking forward to the Spring Thaw since Joe told me about it back in January. I felt like I let him down by not being able to go, and that I let a friend down I was supposed to take with me. I have been pretty down all weekend - I really would of loved to see what I could of done at that run and it would of felt great to have a 20 miler done this early in training.

Today I woke up feeling better then I have - I really want to get back on track with my running this week. I am actually looking forward to a good run since I had to miss so much. Looking at my weekly milage bummed me out - 13 for the week and normally I am at 45.

Sorry this post is mostly depressing - next week will be better!

-Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment