Sunday, February 22, 2015

Another Weekend of Snow & Cancelled Plans.

I am still pretty bummed me and Joe weren't able to do the 18 miles Friday - I really feel unprepared for my 20 miler on the 28th. I guess I just need to think positive that I did 16, I can do 4 more miles - I got this! I am one to worry though and normally it is unnecessary. Anyone have any tips for me to get through the 20 miler?

Friday though I did get my 8 miles done that me and Joe had decided that I should do instead. Of course it was on the treadmill, I cannot wait till the day I can get a full week of runs done outside! :]

Saturday, I was all excited because I planned to run with my friend Heidi (she was going to run 5 of the 10 with me). I haven't ran forever with her, so I was really looking forward to it. Of course, it started snowing pretty hard that morning and didn't stop, so our plans were cancelled. I did 10 miles on the treadmill and it was pretty awful - especially after 8 miles. I knew I needed to get this 10 done and there was no way I was running in another blizzard. 

I am ready for winter to be over - I know many of you feel the same way as I do. Hopefully soon the snow will start melting and we will get some warm days in the mix!

-Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment