Saturday, March 21, 2015

Running is a Pain in the Knee!

I really can't seem to catch a break - either the kids are sick, I am sick or I am having pain somewhere in my body associated with running. This week it was my left knee - and my son having a double ear infection and being sick..again!

Monday was my rest day so I got back to running on Tuesday - did my 5 miles and noticed when I was done, I had the worst pain in my left knee/leg. I was originally supposed to do 8 miles on Wednesday but took it easy and was lucky and got 4 out of it. Thursday when I woke up my pain was completely gone, it was really bizarre since I never had this happen before. I got 5 miles in that night and felt great, got 5 miles in yesterday and still continue to feel great! Sunday I am supposed to run 14 with Joe so *fingers crossed* the pain is completely gone and does not return.

Next Saturday is my first actual road race of the year - Cook's Forest Half Marathon. I am really looking forward to this just so I can see where I am at in my training. I am also looking forward to seeing my friends! Hard to believe we are going to be in April soon - the countdown to the Marathon is definitely on.


Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment