Monday, March 23, 2015

Longest Run Ever - Running with Friends!

I have been getting pretty down on myself over missing some runs or having to shorten some. It can be tough training when you have kids sick, a small injury or being sick yourself. Not going to lie I have been a little behind, and this has been stressing me out ALOT!

Yesterday, Joe called me before my run and sounded a little nervous about my training. Just letting me know I need to get the miles in, long runs are important - that kind of stuff. I got off the phone with him feeling pretty down but knew I would try to make the 14 mile run I had that day a good one.

We started the run out and I was feeling good, got 6 miles in and seen Dodie who let us know we were more than welcome to run with her, Heather and James, so we took the offer. We got to run for them with awhile which was nice - they turned around when me and Joe were at 10 miles. We continued on and Joe asked me how I felt and would I like to try and get 16 in - I said sure.

On our way back to the cars I knew we were going to finish 17 miles in - I asked Joe lets just do 18 (figured might as well). The last mile was rough, my legs hurt so bad - I even said to Joe "why won't they just go numb already, so then I can be pain free". Joe is the best coach ever though he kept talking to me so I could keep my mind off everything. Right at the end of the 18 miles I sprinted to my car (obviously I had more in me - this I find crazy about running - one min. you have nothing left and you can just pull energy from somewhere the next). I have never been so proud of myself for doing 18 miles, that is the longest I have ever went, and though I was hurting I felt great at the same time.

Today my legs feel great, my backs the only thing hurting but I think that is because I had my hydration belt on. I am now AHEAD of what I needed to be at - I feel so great and that run really made me appreciate this training. Hard to believe that in a little over a month I will be standing at the starting line of the Pittsburgh Marathon.


Me and Joe after the 18 miler - I am still smiling so that's a good thing!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment