Saturday, March 14, 2015

#StrideBox Review

Hey Everyone! I really wanted to do this post/review as a video but, with having two kids sick for over a week - it just didn't happen. I hope everyone enjoys this! I will leave link's to all of the products as well as to StrideBox. 

If you do not know what StrideBox is, it is a Monthly Subscription Service that sends a box of 5-7 products that would be beneficial for runners and even people who workout. Each month the products are different, and vary from nutrition to accessories and apparel. 




StrideBox was very generous and sent me their March box to try out and review. I received my box about a week ago, and was able to try out all the products. This way I could give everyone an honest review of what I thought of each product.

My first impression of the Stridebox was, I really liked the quote they had on the side of their box - which deals with running, of course. I also liked how they packaged the products, inside had green tissue paper (For St. Patricks Day) and the cute sticker to hold it all in.



I was really excited to try the products since a few of them were brands I never heard of - so here is my review of each one:

Bonk Breaker - Energy Chews in Orange Tangerine

I used these chews during one of my 8 mile runs; normally I don't do fuels during shorter runs like that but, I was curious on if the product worked. It says that you can use this before and during your run. The flavor itself wasn't bad, and didn't leave a weird aftertaste like some chews/fuels do. I did feel a small burst of energy from this, and I liked that it didn't upset my stomach. I would love to try other products from this brand, since I did have a positive outcome from these chews.


Untapped - Pure Vermont Maple Syrup

I was very excited to try this product since I love maple syrup and it can be used like a gel. I figured this would be a win-win. Personally, I did not like this, the taste wasn't awful but the texture wasn't the best. I did not feel like I got any energy from this, even though it felt like I just ate pure sugar. This was a no-go for me.


Health Warrior - Chia Bar in Mango

In my StrideBox I got the Mango Chia Bar and I went and bought the Coconut and Chocolate Peanut Butter to try as well. These can be used before and after a run or workout. I personally did not like the Mango flavor but, I really liked the Coconut flavor - it reminded me of a Girl Scout Samoa Cookie (minus the chocolate). I have not tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter yet, but will let everyone know what I think of it!


SOS - Hydration Drink Mix in Citrus

This product is one that you can use before or during activity. I used this while running on the treadmill, instead of my usual plain water. I really liked the taste, it wasn't super sour and had almost a light Lemonade taste. It is an electrolyte mix which is supposed to improve focus, stamina and physical performance while keeping you hydrated. I would buy this product again and would love to try other flavors. You can also use more that one packet depending on the activity you are doing.


Honey Stinger - Energy Bar in Peanut Butter N'Honey

This was my first time trying a Honey Stinger Product. I liked the flavor I was sent, it had a really strong Honey flavor (which I am a fan of Honey). This can be used before or after a workout/run for energy. It mentions on the StrideBox - Stride Guide that it includes 30% natural honey for an energy boost before training or racing. I did not notice an energy boost after eating this but, it was a quick after run snack for me, that tasted really good!


Arena Sciences - Ice(3) Cooling Towel

This was another product I was really excited to try out! I used this during my longer run and it does exactly what it promised. I felt cool instantly and it lasted for quite a long time. It looks just like a Baby Wipe/Makeup Wipe and you just rub it on your arms, legs, back, neck and forehead. I got the mint scent which was a bit strong. The only downfall was it left a sticky feeling on my hands, which did eventually go away, so if you can I would wash your hands after using this product.


StrideBox - Stretch Strap

Finally, the last product I received is the StrideBox Stretch Strap. This product came with a card to show you simple ways to use the Strap to target certain areas. This product does exactly what it promises and you get a good stretch from it! I plan on using this after my runs from now on!


Lastly, I just want to Thank StrideBox again for giving me this opportunity to try the StrideBox and to show you guys these products. This is a great Subscription Box - I really recommend everyone to at least try, I had a lot of fun trying out these products and even found some new favorites. Here is the link for everyone interested:




-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment