Monday, March 16, 2015

What A Week Last Week Was!!!!

To many I have been missing in action - last week for me was awful!! Starting out the week my son had a rough day in school, which his crankiness attributed to the start of him getting sick...again! I believe he had the stomach bug but he ended up missing 2 days of school. He goes to school Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays - so he ended up only having one day in school last week. I also got a (news) bomb dropped on me from someone, so I had that on my mind a lot. I was in a really bad funk to which didn't help.

Thursday night my daughter started getting the stomach bug, and that night I truly wanted to cry - we got absolutely no sleep, I ended up changing her clothes about 4-5 times and our bed once. My son also got sick that night to, while I was trying to clean up my daughters mess! I also found out I need to get my wisdom tooth out and that I have 10 small cavities (I am sorry but I still don't understand how the hell that happened). 

Friday (of course it was the 13th) anything that could go wrong, went wrong. I had to wash my pillow, since she got sick all over it. I put it in the dryer on delicate and it exploded everywhere!!! Just to add the pillow was down, so I had feathers all over the place. I also found out my daughter had a ruptured ear drum, so now she is on antibiotics and drops - which she is not a fan of.

I missed two 5 mile days last week due to the kids being sick but, what can you do. I love running but the kids definitely come first. I was able to get my 12 mile, long run in on Sunday. This run was amazing!!! I got to clear my mind, think a lot, be alone, it was just what I needed. I ran in some new areas of my city, and the my legs felt great till about the end - the hills I had to climb to get to my house didn't help.

On a good note though I got to go to one of my friends baby showers. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see a couple more of my friends there. I cannot wait for my friend to have her baby girl - I definitely need a baby fix!! :]

Today I found out that I have to get put under to get my wisdom tooth out. No biggie but, I have never been put under for a dental procedure, all my other extractions were with a local. 

I am really hoping this week is better - I cannot endure another week like last week so soon. Sorry for such a negative post but, it feels better getting that all out. It also proves that running can sometimes fix bad days and bad weeks.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment