Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Where are you Spring?!?

All my runs this week so far (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) have been done on the treadmill. I am so over the cold weather, ice and tons of snow. Spring can not come soon enough, or at least warm enough weather that I can get outside and actually enjoy my run!

Monday: I did 5 miles with my last mile being the fastest. 

Tuesday: I did 8 miles and did an extra mile later that night. 


Today: I did 4 miles which went great! It felt weird running that distance, since most of my runs lately have been a lot longer!



This week is a little different then my other training weeks since I will be running my long run on Friday (18 miles).  Joe has a Marathon on Sunday so we needed to switch things up but, this actually works out great for me. Saturday I have 3 Volleyball games for the church so that gives me all morning/afternoon to rest for them.

I am pretty nervous about running 18 miles, since this will be the longest I have EVER run. I know I can do it but I am not going to lie, those miles are pretty intimidating!

-Jamie




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie! It's fun to follow your training journey. I started my blog http://heidi-alongtheway.blogspot.com/ when I was training for the Pittsburgh marathon in 2009. I feel like I know exactly what you are going through! Check out my blog sometime, I hope it will be an inspiration to you as you continue to your goal. I can tell you this...it was a lot of hard work, but it was so worth it. Nothing will compare to your victory on race day. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following along! I cannot wait to read your blog and see how your journey went! It can be very tough and a struggle at times but, I know once I cross that finish line it is going to be amazing!! :]

    ReplyDelete