Thursday, February 12, 2015

Not a Very Good Jump Roper!

As you know from a previous post, I started jump roping 10 minutes a day to replicate running outside (since the weather and what not has been keeping me indoors). I realized I am an awful jump roper - I have the hardest time for some reason to jump over the rope, it also keeps getting stuck in my hair, caught on a passing dog - its not pretty. I do feel that what I am able to do is helping with the knee pain. I had an 8 mile run yesterday, and didn't experience any of the pain I had been feeling. I have also been stretching more, which has to be contributing to me being pain free too!

Yesterday, was my 8 mile day (second one in a row) - I don't know why but I am always so exhausted come Wednesday evening. I also ran an extra mile - I am still not 100% sure how I got it done (I was so drained/tired). The kids were also being little handfuls yesterday, so that really added to me being tired!

I also got my hydration belt yesterday and I am so happy with it!! I cannot wait to try it out Saturday - it seemed to fit me great and I love the colors of it and all of the space to carry my Gu and keys. I will update on how it held up during my 16 miler, when I post either Sunday Evening or Monday.

Today was my 7 mile run - which I did on the treadmill again (where are you Spring!!) It really wasn't to bad - but I deserve tomorrows rest day, for sure! Saturday is my 16 miler and then I get to rest again Sunday!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I know I will but, its going to be a VERY busy one! :]

-Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment