Monday, February 16, 2015

Running in a Blizzard!

Saturday was my long run day (16 miles) - I knew ahead of time it was supposed to snow but, was hoping it would hold off until after me and Joe were done running. I also didn't want to change plans and run Sunday since it was supposed to be in the negative digits here, and I had a pretty busy day planned.

I should of known this wasn't going to be a very fun run when we started - we could barely make out the Walkway's path, since it was covered in snow and ice. The first half of the run really wasn't the bad part, my legs felt great again till about mile 8 (started feeling some pain again in my knee). My GU felt like it was working pretty good. Which I tried the Salted Caramel, which I liked and the Vanilla Bean, which I thought tasted like ice cream.

Once we got to about mile 11-12 the snow started to get really hard, and was laying on the roads really fast. Once we got to mile 14 we were back in town, and I already had ice/snow on my eyelashes and eyebrows. I was pretty happy though because I got to see some friends who drove by, which gave me some motivation to finish.

We got back to the Walkway around mile 15 and that is when the run just got miserable. The snow was pelting us in the face, which felt like needles. You couldn't make out the path at all - for all I know I was running in the grass. It literally felt like it took 30 minutes to go that last mile. I was so happy to get back to my car and warm up!

Here are a couple pictures from once we got back to the vehicles.




Thankfully yesterday I didn't have to run at all (rest day) - it was really cold! I did have a great day attending two Birthday Parties. The one was a skating party and I was so proud of my son, he did an awesome job his first time skating. I was pretty surprised at how well I did too, I haven't skated for years - it was SO much fun.

Today is my 5 mile day - which will be done on the treadmill. We are still in the negatives here, so no way I am going outside to run - the kids didn't even have school today because of how cold it is. 

Have a Great Day Everyone and Stay Warm!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment