Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week Day Long Runs.

Today was my 8 mile day - which I think is a pretty long run for the weekdays. It can be tricky trying to fit these runs in, you have to get creative. I got mine in after eating breakfast and before lunch, and honestly it wasn't a bad run. My knee wasn't bugging me as much as yesterday - so that was a plus. I switched it up a little and listened to Classic Rock the first 4 miles and Hip Hop (which I normally don't listen to much, but does keep you on a good pace) the last 4 miles. I also ran my last mile the fastest - later today I will be running another 1 to 2 miles. Tomorrow is another 8 mile day - which I am hoping to get done outside but, we shall see.


I noticed on Saturday that carrying around a water bottle (even though it was made for runners) was a pain! I kept losing all my water, and it was just to uncomfortable to hold for 14 miles. I have a Nathan's Hydration Belt that I bought last minute at TJ Maxx right before my 16 miler trail run last summer. It is a size large and it is HUGE, it kept falling off, even though I tried to "rig" it to get it to work. I finally ordered a new Hydration Belt that I will be getting tomorrow! I am pretty excited, this one will not only fit me but, I love the colors I could choose from - I ended up going with Pink/Purple/Gray. I am going to use it on my 16 miler Saturday - I hope it works good!!

-Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment