Monday, February 2, 2015

6 More Weeks of Winter.

Sorry everyone for this late post, I should of had this up last night. Between watching the Super Bowl and taking care of my son who has a cold, it just didn't happen. We all live busy lives, and sometimes unexpected things come up! I'm just one who doesn't like to slack, and well I kind of did.

Saturday was my long run day (12 miles), I had been looking forward to this run because it meant running outside! I also got a nice surprise and my friend Tim and Kevin both showed up to run with me and Joe! The run was great other then the cold and the headwinds on the walkway (those suck). I was nervous about running this distance since I had to miss last weeks long run due to my trail run I had. I did get kind of sore in my legs the last two miles (and was very ready to be done) but, after pushing it out the last tenth of a mile I felt great! This Saturday's long run is 14!

Yesterday was the Super Bowl and I enjoyed being able to watch it with the kids, my husband and my dad. Though I didn't have a team I liked playing, I was rooting for the Seahawks, which as you know didn't work out to well for them in the end. Normally, I just like watching the Super Bowl for the food, Halftime Show (which I loved this year) and commercials. My favorite commercial was the #Likeagirl from Always (which I posted at the end of my post). Having a little girl myself, I want her to realize that she can do anything she puts her mind too! Girls can do anything, and we need to keep lifting girls up and show them that they are strong!! What was your favorite commercial? You can either comment here, on my Facebook page or Twitter!

Today is the start of week 4 for training - I had to run 5 miles with my last mile being the fastest. Of course I ran it on the treadmill, there is a ton of snow and ice on the sidewalks from last nights snowstorm. I also ran another 2 miles tonight - which wasn't to bad. Tomorrow I run 8 miles, which is probably going to be done on the treadmill too.

Finally, I am officially all signed up for the Spring Thaw, which is a 10, 15 or 20 mile run. I will be doing the 20 miler! I am really excited to be participating in this, which will be on February 28th.

Thanks for Reading!

-Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment