Friday, April 10, 2015

Not Again!?!?!

I am excited to report that I ran my 4 miles yesterday - which is huge seeing I haven't ran in awhile and I was worried how I would feel. My legs felt amazing running, those 4 miles felt like nothing (and I really could of went longer).

It wasn't all amazing though - I had a reaction to my medicine (which I sweated out). I turned bright red and itched my legs, back and stomach to the point I had bleeding scratches, it wasn't a pretty sight. I also felt like my jaw wanted to shatter, the bouncing movement of running really made it hurt. Topping it off, I wore the wrong socks (my own fault) and got two nice size blisters on the back of my heels.

Although this sounds awful, I went to bed pretty positive that I was back on track! I woke up this morning with my knee aching and a sharp shooting pain that went straight up to my hip. I really have been taking it easy today and icing my knee. I am supposed to run 4 miles again tonight but I am not taking the chance. I plan on running my 4 miles tomorrow as long as my knee is feeling better.

I swear it has been one thing after another since January - I really could use a break!! I am hoping this is nothing and tomorrow I am feeling back to myself! I guess for tonight I can at least read about running...


-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment