Sunday, April 19, 2015

2 Weeks!

I am finally feeling like I am getting my strength back from not being able to run those 2 weeks. The beginning of the week was a real struggle! On Wednesday though I ran 10 miles (which for a weekday run, is a pretty long one), I had such a tough time with my breathing, and was really struggling. Eventually as the miles went on, the run did get a little bit easier.

That night my legs did not like me, and really started to hurt. I was supposed to run 8 that Thursday but figured it was better to listen to my body and rest. Friday was also a rest day - so I felt really "fresh" to start my run Saturday.

I was really looking forward to my run Saturday because I got to do it with one of my best friends Heidi! She is doing the Pittsburgh Half, and needed to get a good long run in but, originally only planned on maybe doing 8 of my 12. I love running with her because she keeps me motivated, we keep a great pace, and we both love to talk (so the miles fly by). We finished those 12 miles really strong - and now I think she feels confident about doing the Half now!

I still have two more long runs left - a 10 miler this week and 20/22 next Monday, then I get a very short taper time. Even though I didn't get to train like I would of liked, I do feel like I am going to finish this Marathon and that's all that really matters (especially for my first).

I hope everyone had a great weekend - I know I did, the weather here was beautiful (I even got a little bit burnt from yesterday's run). Tomorrow I plan on doing something special since it is the Boston Marathon - I have a few friends running it and couldn't be prouder of them!!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment