Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Finally!

I ran my 6 miles tonight and felt great, not because the run went smoothly (far from it) but, I am finally getting back on track with my training. It has felt so good being able to run 3 days in a row!

I am not going to lie, or sugarcoat it any but, a couple times throughout this training I really had doubts that maybe this Marathon wouldn't happen. Its awful when things happen and you have absolutely no control over them - and thats what kept happening to me over and over again.

Joe sent me my final 19 day schedule and I am going to do the best I can at each of these runs! I want to cross that finish line feeling awesome accomplishing a Marathon. My schedule is definitely very different then most Marathon training plans, since I did miss a lot of runs (those being longer runs). I actually will be running 20 miles (which I am sure with Joe will turn into more than that :] ) the Monday before the Marathon and then for me that week will be my only taper.

Tomorrow is my 10 miler, which I plan on running outside (weather permitting) - then I am very excited because its my son's first Soccer practice (he is so excited to play).

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment