Monday, April 27, 2015

Less than a week away...

I just noticed I haven't done a blog post in awhile - I guess I am slacking a bit! Hard to believe that in less than a week is the Marathon, when I started training back in November, I really felt like it was forever away.

Today I did my last long run before the Marathon, and my longest mileage to date; 20 miles! I actually didn't feel to bad running that distance. I did most of it solo - about 15 1/2 miles of it. It wasn't to bad since I listened to music - it also helped that my friend Jared ran the final 4 1/2 miles with me. I am so glad he was able to come, it helped me mentally and it made those last miles easier since we talked through them.

I didn't have a goal going in to running these 20 miles, just to finish mostly. I was pretty happy when I finished and realized my pace wasn't to bad and neither was my time. I also dominated my last mile and ran it the fastest of all the miles (thinking this was because I wanted to be done)!


Now Taper Time! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment