Thursday, April 30, 2015

Final Run.

I can't believe I am at this point already but, I just did my final training run before the Marathon. This has been quite the journey - moments of it have been awesome, some not so much. I have learned so much about myself, that I really can do anything I set my mind too.

When I first started getting a base and training back in November/December running 10 miles was tiring and quite the challenge. I had just come back to running from an injury I suffered at a Half in October. It was very overwhelming in the beginning, lots of weekday running (which I wasn't used to) and a lot of self discipline.

Honestly, if it wasn't for Joe helping me I don't know if I would be at the point I am now. Him and his wife have had so much faith in me and you can tell they really want me to succeed. I appreciate Joe running with me through blizzards, ice and snow - it wasn't easy at times! I know I might not be where I originally wanted to be but I know I will finish and I think that is all that matters.

Training for a Marathon is definitely no joke, especially winter training. It was not fun running in the snow and ice, not going to lie. I have had a lot of setbacks, sick kids, me being sick and personal issues - it is something that takes a lot of your time and energy. I know it is going to be 100% worth it in the end but, I do think I am going to stick with my 5k's, 10k's and Half's at least until the kids get older.

I plan on doing a blog post Saturday night before the Marathon. I just want to say Thank You to everyone who has been following my blog and who has supported me along the way - I appreciate it so much!!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment